Over the past 25 years as a wedding photographer I have had the opportunity to speak with well over a thousand engaged couples. I am always surprised by some of the criteria many of them use to choose their wedding photographer. Here are 7 tips I can offer to wedding photographers to help them book a wedding.
1. DON’T CREATE YOUR PORTFOLIO ALBUMS BASED SOLELY ON YOUR “GREATEST HITS.” There is nothing more misleading regarding a photographer’s talent than looking at a sample wedding album that is a compilation of their best shots at 50 different weddings. An album such as this may be useful in understanding just how great an image you are capable of producing, but that’s really all it tells your client. Show albums that display one entire wedding from start to finish. A good wedding photographer should be able to produce a number of complete albums to show the client. Be sure and explain to your client why this is such a better way to assess your skill. Use this to separate yourself from your competitors! Tell your client that virtually anybody with a decent camera can get one great shot per wedding.
2. ASK LOTS OF QUESTIONS DURING THE SALES PITCH. Every photographer can tell their clients great things about themselves and so they should. But in your initial wedding consultation with the couple, show your interest in what they want by asking questions. Ask them the types of photography styles they are interested in and what they are looking for in a wedding photographer. Don’t make the initial meeting just one long boring lecture about how wonderful you are. Turn it into a 2-way conversation. Show them you care!
3. SHOW THEM YOUR SPARKLING PERSONALITY! This is a biggie. Your clients understand that they will spend the entire day with the photographer. If you can’t get along, it can ruin what should be the happiest day of their lives. The bride and groom are looking for someone they can build rapport with. Be that person!
4. AVOID TALKING ABOUT YOUR EQUIPMENT. Want to put the bride and groom to sleep? Start giving them the technical details about how wonderful your equipment is. Keep in mind that your client is ASSUMING you have great equipment. That is a given to them. Focus on why YOU are the best wedding photographer for them, not why Nikon is better than Canon.
5. KEEP THE PRICING SIMPLE. If your clients can’t understand the pricing or packages, they will probably keep looking. Package pricing, if flexible, is the best way to go. It allows your client to have a better idea of what their final bill will be. Ala carte pricing can confuse and be misleading. You don’t want to surprise the couple when presenting the the final bill. Allow your clients to design their own package, be flexible.
6. TELL THE BRIDE AND GROOM YOU WANT TO SHOOT THEIR WEDDING! Don’t assume they know that. Tell them, it will make them feel wanted.
Are you currently stagnant within your Ultimate Power Profits organization. Who and what you are at this moment in time is nothing but the outcome of one’s constant actions. Exactly the same is accurate for what you might come to be as a person. Being caught up within the destructive habit of procrastinating will only serve to immobilize you and deprive you of a future that may finish up becoming only a dream. Overcoming procrastination has no magic “cure”, but involves of you to certainly create your self and grow in your capacity to take action. Procrastination genuinely is often a unusual behaviour, but is surely there by design as it delivers you with all the important resistance to push against so as to develop your inner strength and “emotional muscle.”
Procrastination is really a contact to action. Avoiding the very tasks that may provide you with the benefits you’re after in Ultimate Power Profits is just not very intelligent. You have got to step up and strengthen your resolve. The easiest option to snap your self into action is by making a choice. Selection could be the father of action and all action flows from decisions. The challenge is that we have been making use of the word selection so loosely that it lost a great deal of it’s correct which means. If you make a real choice, a true commitment, you cut off all the possibilities aside from that which you are totally committed to. Like any other skill you should get better at creating choices by creating more of them and as you develop this capability you’ll get superior at overcoming procrastination until you ultimately create the habit of being decisive.
A truly committed selection will turn your “shoulds” into “musts.” In reality, this crucial distinction separates procrastinators from action minded and decisive achievers. All of us get what we’ve to have and we only get our “shoulds” when it can be handy. By far the most typical reason why people today procrastinate is the fact that they just do not “feel” like carrying out it. When you don’t really feel like doing it, it merely means that you associate far more discomfort to taking action than to staying away from it. As human beings we are to a sizable extent controlled by our emotions and emotions. You will do almost anything to avoid painful emotions and acquire pleasurable emotions. Your beliefs about what will lead to pain or pleasure serves as a reference which will manual you in generating decisions. Changing your limiting beliefs is a strong way for overcoming procrastination. The only reason why you cannot take action is since of your belief(s) about why you can’t.
Beliefs are created as a short reduce for the mind to produce choices promptly. Even when you haven’t got precise experiences your thoughts will make it up according to your beliefs. We all possess a constructed in will need for certainty and our beliefs give us that sense of certainty. One of the most potent beliefs of all are the beliefs you’ve about oneself and your personal skills and capabilities. For those who belief that you simply are a procrastinator and that you just can never follow by way of and create results, then no matter what method or strategy you study or apply, you’ll often be a procrastinator. Your beliefs about your self build your identity and among the strongest have to have within your character is for your actions to be consistent with your identity. Whatever identity you hold will make your reality in Ultimate Power Profits.
Your beliefs are mostly formed unconsciously by life experiences as well as the which means you take from it. You happen to be the master of which means and also the way you communicate your life experiences to your self will identify what things imply to you. The way you speak and communicate with yourself is actually a type of hypnosis and a lot of people give themselves a real challenging time when they screw up. They indulge in negative self talk. That installs disempowering beliefs about their abilities and capabilities. Overcoming procrastination needs of you to take manage of your internal communication. What you say to yourself about oneself as well as your life will sooner or later determine what actions you take.
Folks who’re prosperous in Ultimate Power Profits aren’t lucky or born under the best stars, but are men and women that have learned how to overcome procrastination and take action even when they do not feel like it. Any time you do not really feel like doing it you might be just not in a resourceful emotional state. The quickest approach to adjust this is to modify your mental concentrate; alter your concentration and that which you might be paying attention to. In case you focus on the painful and unpleasant aspects of any job you might sooner or later start out to procrastinate, even if you will be extremely disciplined. Your focus is your knowledge of life. Mastering to control and direct your focus on the pleasurable elements of taking action will empower you to overcome procrastination. Develop the habit of taking the long view; of focussing on the outcome and not the procedure and watch oneself move previous procrastination inside your Ultimate Power Profits business.